Utah State University is one of the premiere undergraduate research colleges in the United States, and students of English can take advantage of opportunities to partner with faculty on projects.
English majors with an emphasis in English teaching study literature and writing and learn how to teach these subjects for secondary school students. Principals look for teachers who are willing to organize additional tutoring support, advise clubs, and publish yearbooks, newspapers, or literary magazines. Opportunities offered through the Department of English help majors get a jump start on these interests and skills. The composite degree offers a robust curriculum with opportunity to specialize in literature, writing, or American studies.
The program offers a solid foundation in content area, a firm understanding of how theory and practice are connected, and the ability to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse student population. Practice teaching is included in classes and clinical experiences in the schools.
- General English
- English Literature
- Technical Communication and Rhetoric
- STEP Program External Program Link
- English as a Second Language Endorsement External Program Link
- Digital Writing and Publication Certificate
- Folklore Minor
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Utah State University offers many options for financial aid, including university level scholarships and aid available to specific colleges and majors.