How to Get Involved in English Department Programs


Talk to an advisor to find out more about English programs

To find out more information about the English programs at Utah State University, you can contact the program's academic or peer advisors. Additionally, you can schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor. For general advising questions, you are welcome to contact the CHaSS Advising Center at 435-797-3883 or visit our office in Old Main 106.

An advisor can answer questions you may have about the Department of English, such as what the programs are like, how you can get started, and possible directions that you may pursue with your degree. In addition, an advisor can talk with you more about how English may fit with your interests and any previous coursework that you have taken. 


Apply to Utah State University

If you are not a current student at Utah State University, you can apply to USU online. For further information you can also contact the USU Admissions office at 1-800-488-8108 or


Begin taking coursework in your program

You can find info about the curriculum for English programs or view the recommended first semester registration guide online. This information can help you find coursework to explore your interest in this field.

Changing Your Major

You can contact and work with the academic advisor to officially change your major to a program in the English department. If you have not met with them previously, the first step towards officially changing your major is to schedule a time to meet with the English academic advisors.


Program Advisors:

Madeline Thomas

Madeline Thomas

Academic Advisor

Phone: (435) 797-3883