Gain inspiration for your own research projects by viewing a collection of undergraduate research undertaken by students in the classics program.
Students involved in the study of pre-modern history will find great value in USU’s Latin Language minor. The program focuses on classical Latin, and students will learn basic grammar and syntax and read selections from the works of Caesar, Ovid, Plautus, and many other Roman authors. This track also includes classes in Roman history and civilization to put the study of language into a broader context.
Graduating with this minor prepares students to continue their study in pre-modern history by developing necessary research and critical thinking skills. Employment opportunities will vary depending on the major, but graduates will be well-suited to seek employment in the areas of philosophy, literature, law, or archival work.
- Classics - Civilization
- Classics - Latin Teaching
- Classics - Greek
- History External Program Page
- Religious Studies External Program Page
- Anthropology External Program Page
- Museum Studies Certificate External Program Page
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Utah State University offers many options for financial aid, including university level scholarships and aid available to specific colleges and majors.
- Classics Tuition Scholarship: This tuition stipend is meant to reward those students who have made a commitment to studying both Greek and Latin. Fill out application here and email to Jeannie Sur at firstname.lastname@example.org.