Application & Visa

Applying to USU
To study in the Utah State University (USU) Intensive English Language Institute (IELI), you will need to complete an online application at

If you have questions about applying to USU, email or call (435) 797-1124.
If you have questions about the IELI program, email or call (435) 797-2081
If you would like to pursue a graduate degree, visit

Applying for Visa
After you submit an online application, pay the application fee, and provide all required documents, your application will be reviewed by your admission officer.  After you are admitted, information will be sent to you about how to receive and I-20. Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant status that you will need to apply for a student visa.
International students are responsible for all their expenses. No financial assistance is available for "English-only students." Undergraduates should check with the Office of International Students and Scholars regarding small scholarships. Graduate students should check with the Graduate Studies office.