Legislative Internship | Deseret News
About the Position
The News Division of the Deseret News is looking for a talented student intern reporter to help cover the Utah Legislature. This internship offers students a distinctive journalism experience unlike any other. Our legislative intern is a full-time member of our daily reporting team at the Utah State Capitol during the 45-day Legislative Session. Following the session, the intern joins the reporting staff in our News Division, a unique newsroom where TV, radio, print and online reporters work together in an environment that provides news content for five different media platforms.
- Writing that is engaging, thoughtful, informative and rigorous
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Training in journalism or other writing experience involving critical/analytical thinking
- Knowledge of current events
- Ability to take regular feedback and work with editors in a professional environment
- Ability to write on deadline, following AP Style, and take assignments on short notice
- Commitment to Deseret Media Companies mission and values
- Location: N/A
- Pay: $10/hr
- Time Period: N/A
- Application Deadline: N/A
If you have questions or concerns please contact this program's Intership Coordinator listed below.