Deepen your understanding of political science and become an expert in topics related to government, public policies, political processes and more. This program fosters classroom environments where engaging discussion and research are required and provides broad training in American politics, comparative politics, international relations and political theory. With faculty clusters who specialize in a broad range of topics, from conflict to state politics, graduates will be able to undertake research and other educational opportunities with an emphasis in the things they find most interesting.
Accelerated Option for USU Undergraduates
- Apply as early as spring semester junior year (see admissions requirements above).
- Formal admission to the graduate program is contingent upon completing the bachelor's degree.
- Take up to 9 graduate credits in political science as an undergraduate (POLS 5000+ or 6000+ classes).
- Use the split form to reserve these credits for graduate study (they cannot then be applied to the undergraduate degree).
- Political Science Teaching
- Law & Constitutional Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Utah State University offers many options for financial aid, including university level scholarships and aid available to specific colleges and majors.