On behalf of the IELI faculty and staff, I am pleased that you have found our website. We are a small program with highly qualified and experienced faculty. The Intensive English Language Institute began in 1972 and for the last 45 years we have been involved in many different international activities here at USU, in the U.S., and around the world. We offer a full academic 18 credit Intensive English program that successfully prepares students for their chosen majors at USU (IELI graduates have an average GPA of 3.0!).
Please have a look around to learn more about our program, about USU, and about Logan, Utah- one of the safest and most beautiful campuses in the U.S.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us. We would be happy to help!
As a high quality Intensive English Program, IELI creates a supportive and engaging environment that promotes the development of linguistic and academic skills and intercultural competence necessary for students, scholars and professionals to be successful in their academic pursuits and become independent citizens and leaders in a constantly changing world.
We Are Passionate About
- Student-teacher relationships for mutual development in and beyond the classroom
- Respectful and inclusive environment offering opportunity for diverse perspectives
- Promoting student autonomy and leadership through collaborative projects and activities
- Engaged learning for success in local and global communities
- Continued professional and personal growth