Develop public speaking skills, practice your analytical abilities, and gain confidence while competing as part of an award-winning team.
The speech communication teaching minor track assists students in developing communication competencies and understanding theories and processes relating to communication processes so that they can effectively instruct high school speech communication students.
Real World Application
Graduates of this program will leave qualified for secondary school licensure through the Secondary Education Teaching Program (STEP), enabling them to teach in middle and high schools. It’s possible to complete this minor without secondary school licensure which may allow employment at some community colleges and universities.
- Global Communication
- Communication Studies
- Technical Communication and Rhetoric
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Nonprofit Organizations and Social Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Interfaith Leadership Certificate
- Global Peacebuilding Certificate
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Utah State University offers many options for financial aid, including university level scholarships and aid available to specific colleges and majors.